Resources At Your Fingertips
- Want hands-on experience? Schedule a tour for your group and learn more about energy efficiency or bioenergy at one of our two research facilities.
- Have a specific question to ask our experts? Check out our Ask an Expert online tool and ask our experts your question.
- We’ve created a video channel, check it out! Learn about the innovation being done through our grant programs throughout the state, our communities, and through educational institutions. Click here to view what’s new.
- Want to learn more? We’ve composed an updated list of available trainings, webinars, workshops, and conferences that we are hosting, as well as, our partners throughout the state. Check out our calendar of events.
- Have an event you want to promote? Visit our online Events page and submit your own event.
- Home Series: The Energy Center has recently added a fifth book to our Home Series, the Solar PV Energy Guide. The guide was put together for Iowans interested in installing a solar PV array at their home or business and was prepared in collaboration with Alliant Energy, the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives, the Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities and MidAmerican Energy with information from the Office of Consumer Advocate and the Iowa Utilities Board.
More information for homeowners about geothermal energy, energy tips, and financial incentives are also available, as well as information regarding energy efficiency for commercial buildings, agriculture and transportation.
- Check out the Iowa Electric Utility Structure section to learn the basics of electricity generation, distribution, utilities, and bills.
- See Iowa NSF EPSCoR’s video series “Living with the Sun: Encounter Science in Everyday Life” to learn more about home energy efficiency and the concept of passive design.
- An important aspect of making informed energy choices is knowing how the energy you use is produced, especially the energy in your home. MidAmerican Energy developed a Virtual Plant Tour series to help customers understand the phases, challenges, and different types of power plants electrical energy can come from.