The Iowa Energy Center launched three new competitive grant programs to help Iowa organizations be more successful in attracting external funding that support projects related to energy research, development, demonstration, deployment, education, and workforce development.
The Iowa Energy Center can assist Iowa organizations looking for external funding in three ways:
- Planning Grants provide funding for activities specifically aimed at bringing potential partners together to strategize, plan, or execute a response to a known or likely external funding opportunity. Those activities could include travel to gather prospective team members or to meet with sponsors; focused strategy, planning, and proposal-writing workshops; and workshop facilitation.
- Opportunity Grants support near-term projects, such as proof-of-concept tests, early experimentation, economic viability analyses, preliminary studies, and comprehensive literature surveys necessary to strengthen Iowa proposals to external funding agencies.
- Matching Grants assist eligible institutions in meeting matching or cost-sharing requirements for external funding opportunities. Under this program, the Energy Center will commit up to 20 percent in matching funds against the total external money expected to come to Iowa, with a maximum award of $200,000.
The Iowa Energy Center is no longer accepting proposals for the following grant programs:
- Research and Demonstration Grants
- Conferences and Events Grants
- Technology Demonstration and Education Grants
For questions or additional information, please email Patty Prouty or call our Ames office at 515-294-8819.