Financial Incentives for Iowans
Looking for energy efficiency and renewable energy incentives such as financing, tax information and other resources?
Check out these programs:
- The Alternate Energy Loan Program (AERLP) provides loans to any individual or organization who wants to build renewable energy production facilities in Iowa. Successful applicants receive a single, low-interest loan that consists of a combination of AERLP funds and lender-provided funds.
- The Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility and federal incentives and policies that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Iowa Utility Rebate Program
A Rural Electric Cooperatives energy efficiency rebate program offered by the Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO). CIPCO is a generation and transmission cooperative serving 12 rural electric cooperatives (REC) and one municipal electric cooperative in the state of Iowa.
- The Iowa Department of Revenue announces new legislation for solar energy systems installed on property located in Iowa. Eligible systems must be in service on or after January 1, 2012, but before January 1, 2017. Credits awarded are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The IADG Energy Bank Revolving Loan Fund provides low-cost financing to energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for Iowa businesses and industry.
- Energy Star provides a Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency page on their website for 2012 and 2013 tax credit information.
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is a federal grant established to help reduce the heating and cooling costs for low income persons, particularly the elderly, disabled, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes.