Agriculture and Industrial
The Iowa Energy Center participates in the Farm Energy Task Force to provide energy efficiency education and training for Iowa’s agricultural sector. Learn more about our industrial partnerships here.
Education and Outreach
Iowans interested in Agricultural/Industrial events have access to trainings, webinars, presentations, and workshops on energy efficiency. For more details, check out the calendar on the Event Page.
Publications, Presentations and Case Studies
Visit the Farm Energy Initiative at Iowa State University for publications on farm energy efficiency. Download our latest presentation on Industrial Energy and the Energy Center’s industrial program. The Iowa Energy Center grant library provides access to Energy Center presentations, case studies, publications and grants on industrial energy efficiency.
Moving Research Toward Commercialization
At the Energy Center’s Biomass Energy Conversion Facility (BECON), the business model is to seek promising bench-scale research that can be scaled-up to pre-commercial scale units. Pre-commercial units can be tested at the facility, and their operations demonstrated under a variety of conditions.
The Energy Resource Station (ERS) is designed to simultaneously test and demonstrate multiple, full scale commercial building heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems. The ERS is the only testing facility in the nation with these unique and integrated system capabilities.
- Wind Assessment Study and Calculator
Interested in wind energy? The Energy Center’s Wind Calculator can assist you in researching data on wind speeds in Iowa.
- Solar Calculator
The Energy Center’s Solar Calculator covers data using the solar technologies of photovoltaic electricity generation and solar thermal for domestic heat and hot water.
- Ask an Expert
Have an energy efficiency or renewable energy question? Visit our Ask an Expert web tool to search for questions and answers or submit your own question. Our staff will promptly respond and assist you.
Looking for energy efficiency and renewable energy incentives such as financing, tax information, and other resources? Check out these programs:
- Rebate Programs - Iowa Utility Rebate Program A Rural Electric Cooperatives energy efficiency rebate program offered by the Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO). CIPCO is a generation and transmission cooperative serving 12 rural electric cooperatives (REC) and one municipal electric cooperative in the state of Iowa.
- Assistance For Low-income - Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is a federal grant established to help reduce the heating and cooling costs for low income persons, particularly the elderly, disabled, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Residential Tax Credits - Energy Star provides a Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency page on their website for 2012 and 2013 tax credit information.
- Loan Information - The Alternate Energy Loan Program (AERLP) provides loans to any individual or organization who wants to build renewable energy production facilities in Iowa. Successful applicants receive a single, low-interest loan that consists of a combination of AERLP funds and lender-provided funds.
- Low-cost financing option - The IADG Energy Bank Revolving Loan Fund provides low-cost financing to energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for Iowa businesses and industry.
- Information On Policy - The Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility and federal incentives and policies that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Solar Tax Credits - The Iowa Department of Revenue announces new legislation for solar energy systems installed on property located in Iowa. Eligible systems must be in service on or after January 1, 2012, but before January 1, 2017. Credits awarded are on a first-come, first-serve basis.