Our goal is to increase public-awareness and facilitate education efforts in energy efficiency, renewable energy and STEM (with energy science emphasis) across Iowa.
How can we help?
Welcome to the Learning Institute. Whether you’re interested in workshops and trainings, or you are new to renewable energy and energy efficiency, the Iowa Energy Center’s Learning Institute has several avenues and services to meet your needs.
Find Information about:
Residential Energy Savings
Looking for ways to save energy and dollars at home? The Iowa Energy Center can provide you with tips and solutions for home energy-improvement as well as incentives to build your own renewable energy projects.
Iowa’s commercial entities looking to improve production and use less energy can turn to the Iowa Energy Center. Learn about our educational opportunities and sponsored research.
Learn about our work in industrial energy efficiency and our agriculture collaboration with the Farm Energy Task Force.
Grants and Funding
Check out our latest Request For Proposals (RFP) for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Other funding opportunities are also available through our Alternate Energy Revolving Loan program and Youth and Energy Scholarships.
Education and K-12 Resources
The Iowa Energy Center provides tool and links to help students and educators learn about renewable energy and energy efficiency.
The Learning Institute offers additional services and programs:
- Schedule a tour at one of facilities >>
- Learn about upcoming lectures from our staff, grant recipients, partners and collaborators >>
- Have a question about energy efficiency or renewable energy? Check out our Ask an Expert online tool >>
- Have an event you want to promote? Visit our online Events page and
submit your own event or learn about upcoming conferences, workshops
and trainings >>
- Visit the Virtual Power Plant Tour series to learn about the four types of power plants that generate the electricity you use >>
- Check out the Iowa Electric Utility Structure section to learn the basics of electricity generation, distribution, utilities, and bills >>