Financial Incentives for Iowans
Looking for energy efficiency and renewable energy incentives such as financing, tax information, and other resources?
Check out these programs:
- Rebate Programs – Iowa Utility Rebate Program A Rural Electric Cooperatives energy efficiency rebate program offered by the Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO). CIPCO is a generation and transmission cooperative serving 12 rural electric cooperatives (REC) and one municipal electric cooperative in the state of Iowa.
- Assistance For Low-income – Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is a federal grant established to help reduce the heating and cooling costs for low income persons, particularly the elderly, disabled, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Residential Tax Credits – Energy Star provides a Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency page on their website for tax credit information.
- Loan Information – The Alternate Energy Loan Program (AERLP) provides loans to any individual or organization who wants to build renewable energy production facilities in Iowa. Successful applicants receive a single, low-interest loan that consists of a combination of AERLP funds and lender-provided funds.
- Low-cost financing option – The IADG Energy Bank Revolving Loan Fund provides low-cost financing to energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for Iowa businesses and industry.
- Information On Policy – The Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility and federal incentives and policies that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Solar Tax Credits – The state of Iowa may have tax credits in place for those who install solar at their home or place of business.