- EventsView All Event Categories
[ January 24, 2014 ]Webinar
Webinar: The Role of the Renewable Fuels Standard and Renewable Identification Numbers in Driving Biofuels Production and Technology Development
January 24, 2014
The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is the most effective policy tool to date to simultaneously reduce our dependence on foreign oil, expand production of renewable fuels and give future generations a nation that is stronger, cleaner and more secure. First established in 2005 and expanded in 2007, Congress created the RFS to reduce the risk of investing in renewable biofuels, to increase rural incomes and rural employment opportunities, and to respond to greenhouse gas concerns. In addition, renewable biofuels have helped to moderate price at the fuel pump.
Compliance with the RFS is based on a system of Renewable Identification Number (RIN) credits. RINs are a valuable, tradable commodity, but primarily represent a means of tracking volumes of individual renewable fuels mandated by the RFS and blended with petroleum products. The details of RIN creation, categories and markets can get complicated quickly.
Date: January 24, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. Central Time
- Mike McAdams, Advanced Biofuels Association
- Rory Gopaul, Carbon Solutions Group
- Brent Bailey, 25x’25 Alliance
Who Should Participate?
Bioenergy industry professionals, foresters, land owners policy makers, economic developers, and natural resource professionals.
For more information go to the Webinar Portal for Bioenergy.
This webinar is sponsored by North Carolina State University-Extension Forestry, Southern Regional Extension Forestry, Texas A&M Agrilife Extension and 25x’25.
First Time Webinar Attendees!
This webinar uses Blackboard Collaborate to facilitate the webinar. Before connecting to Blackboard Collaborate for the first time, make sure to complete the Configuration setup. You MUST do this at least 72 hours ahead of time. Please use the same location and equipment that you will use when you attend the actual Blackboard Collaborate session to complete the following steps:
- Go to http://go.ncsu.edu/configuration
- Make sure Step 1 shows two checks. If you do not see a check, follow the instructions to obtain the latest version of Java.
- Enter the Configuration Room as outlined in Step 2. Follow the directions in the Configuration Room to test your audio setup, set your connection speed, and set up your profile.
If you have any problems configuring Blackboard Collaborate, call (877) 382-2293 (select Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing version 11). Blackboard Collaborate support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Webinar Access Instructions
1. To find the webinar, click on Upcoming Webinars button at the top of the page. When you find this webinar, click on the webinar name and you will be directed to the webinar page.
2. To join the live webinar, click the orange join button at the top of the webinar page.
3. Completely fill out the registration form and click submit.
4. If you are presented with a survey, you must take this short survey before being directed to participate or view the webinar.
Instructions for our webinar hosting software can be found here: