- EventsView All Event Categories
[ February 28, 2013 ]Webinar
Webinar: Energy Efficiency in Parking Lot Lighting
LEEP into Lighting: Join the Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign
February 28, 2013
Parking lots and structures are significant consumers of electricity and nationally use approximately 50 billion kilowatts per year. The Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign, launched last Fall by BOMA International, the Green Parking Council and the International Facility Management Association, encourages commercial building owners and managers and parking garage/lot owners and managers to take advantage of the proven opportunity to save energy and money by using high efficiency lighting technology in parking lots and structures. LEEP’s goal is to have 100 million square feet of parking structure or lot space use roughly 1/3 less energy than ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2010 by November 2013.
Attend this FREE webinar and learn:
- An overview of progress to date towards LEEP’s goal
- Successes and lessons learned by innovative parking garage/lot owners in implementing high efficiency lighting
- How to get involved in the LEEP Campaign
- Paul Wessel, Green Parking Council
- Ralph Williams, Walmart
- Chris Magee, Incorporated Cities Representative
- Dave Mounce, Vice President Engineering at Hines
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2013
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Central Time
For more information and to register for the free webinar go to BOMA Education.
To read a case study for a Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Hy-Vee grocery store parking lot lighting and health foods area retrofit demonstration project, click final report. Sponsored by Alliant Energy, the parking lot underwent a lighting retrofit from the existing 1000 watt Metal Halide (MH) lighting to 309 watt Lighting-Emitting Diode (LED) lighting technology.
Tags: Energy Efficiency