- Event CategoriesView All Event Categories
- Event TagsView All Event Tags
- Recent Events
[ April 3, 2013 ]Ames, IA
Switch: What is the Future of Energy?
Documentary & Discussion
April 3, 2013
Energy is one of the most important issues of our time. Our transportation, global commerce, food and water, medicine, communications and computing all depend on it. The film Switch explores the way we use energy, from coal to solar, oil to biofuels. Writer and producer, Scott Tinker, a geologist, talks to the people driving energy research and production today, including national and international government officials, industry leaders and academics. The film removes politics from the discussion, makes the technical accessible and documents our likely path of transition to new energy sources. A discussion will immediately follow the 98-minute film.
What: Screening of Switch: What is the Future of Energy?
When: Wednesday, April 3rd at 7:00 pm
Where: Great Hall, ISU Memorial Union
- ISU Department of Geological and Atmospheric Sciences
- Office of Sustainability
- Bioeconomy Institute
- Center for Biorenewable Chemicals
- Committee on Lectures (funded by GSB)
- Geological Society of America
- American Geosciences Institute