- EventsView All Event Categories
[ May 31, 2013 ]Cedar Falls, IA
Iowa NSF EPSCoR Student Poster Competition 2013
Call for Posters
Submit Abstracts by May 31, 2013
Cedar Falls, IA
A research-focused student poster competition will be held at the Iowa EPSCoR Annual All-Hands Meeting at the University of Northern Iowa on July 23, 2013. The competition provides an opportunity for students to showcase their current or completed research and earn a cash prize. The mission of the Iowa NSF Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) is to establish Iowa as the leader in the worldwide transition in energy supply from fossil energy stores to harnessing renewable energy flows in the biosphere. It also aims to increase the participation of under-represented groups in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
Click for a pdf of the “Call for Posters” notice.
Students currently enrolled or affiliated with any Iowa high school, community college, college or university are eligible to participate in the Iowa NSF EPSCoR Poster Competition. Students with research that focuses on energy or STEM-related fields are strongly encouraged to apply.
A pre-competition will be held to determine the top 40 abstract submissions. These 40 will be shown and judged at the Iowa NSF EPSCoR Annual All-Hands Meeting. Attendance and staffing of posters is required.
All abstracts must be submitted online by May 31, 2013 for consideration. Preference is given to posters not previously shown. Judging will be based on poster design and presentation, effective communication of research, and how the research impacts or has the potential to impact the goals of Iowa NSF EPSCoR. See entry form.
Important Dates and Times
- Submit abstract using the online entry form before May 31.
- You will be notified if your project is selected as a Top 40 winner by June 21.
- Complete the annual meeting preregistration by July 8.
- Submit poster electronically by July 8.
- Attend the Iowa NSF EPSCoR Annual All-Hands Meeting on July 23 at the University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Judging: 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Poster Session: 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Winners will be announced during lunch
For More Information
Iowa NSF EPSCoR