- Bioenergy (84)
- Education and Outreach (82)
- Energy Efficiency (287)
- Funding Opportunity (3)
- Renewable Energy (103)
[ February 17, 2014 ]West Des Moines, IA
Presentation: Hoy R. Bohanon, Jr., P.E.
ASHRAE Technology Session
February 17, 2014
West Des Moines, IA
Hoy Bohanon, PE, LEED AP, BEAP will present three lectures as part of the Iowa ASHRAE Chapter’s February meeting on February 17, 2014 at Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse in West Des Moines, Iowa. Mr. Bohanon is director of the Energy Programs for WorkingBuildings. WorkingBuildings is a professional services firm whose offerings include building commissioning, sustainability consulting, and laboratory compliance services.
Mr. Bohanon’s accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Master’s degree in engineering from North Carolina State University
- Recipient of the ASHRAE Distinguished Service Award
- Vice-chair of ASHRAE Standard 62.1 committee, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality
- Serves on the bEQ committee, Building Performance Alliance ad-hoc committee, and TC5.5 Air-to-Air Energy Recovery committee
- Chair of the US Technical Advisory Group panel 1 (general principles) and panel 4 (indoor air quality) for ISO TC205 Building Environment Design
- Co-author of The Indoor Air Quality Guide: Best Practices for Design, Construction and Commissioning and Performance Metric Protocols for Commercial Buildings: Best Practices Guide
- Member of the Professional Engineers of North Carolina, US Green Building Council, and ASHE.
Date: Monday, February 17, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CST
Location:Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse 6075 Mills Civic Parkway West Des Moines, IA 50266 Click here for location map.
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Technical Session (3 PDH/3 AIA approved Credits/3 GBCI approved credits will be offered.) Cost: $30 for ASHRAE Iowa chapter members; $60 for non-members
- 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm: “How to Implement Demand Control Ventilation & Comply with ASHRAE Standards”
- 3:00 pm – 3:50 pm: “Using ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2010 Multiple Spaces Equations”
- 4:00 pm – 4:50 pm: “Retro-commissioning for Energy Savings”
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Social Hour
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Dinner and ASHRAE business meeting (Cost: Free to ASHRAE Iowa chapter members; $20 for non-members)
Register on the ASHRAE Iowa Chapter Event Registration website.
Categories: Energy Efficiency