- Bioenergy (83)
- Education and Outreach (80)
- Energy Efficiency (272)
- Funding Opportunity (3)
- Renewable Energy (99)
[ September 11, 2013 ]Ankeny, IA
Webinar: Residential Lighting for Homeowners and Renters
Residential Lighting for Home Owners & Renters
September 11, 2013
If you don’t like paying high electric costs for incandescent light bulbs or don’t like compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), attend this presentation in person or via webinar. The federal government has eliminated some common incandescent light bulbs but newer CFLs have improved. Benefits of LED products and technology such as controls through mobile phone apps, color, dimming, and positive effects on productivity and mood will be reviewed. Find out which has more mercury, a CFL or a can of tuna, and learn how to recycle CFLs. Exterior lighting will also be discussed.
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm CDTLocation for the evening seminar/webinar: Iowa Energy Center, Energy Resource Station Bldg. 23, DMACC Ankeny Campus Ankeny, IA 50023 A campus map and parking information is available online: iowaenergycenter.org/contact
Attend in person or via webinar. Registration for the evening seminar is not required but seating is limited. To connect to the webinar:
- Approximately 10-15 minutes prior to the webinar start, go to https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/residential-lighting.
- Select “Guest”, type in your name and click ‘Enter Room’.
- You will then enter the Adobe Connect webinar room and wait for the webinar to start.
- You will hear the webinar via your computer speakers.
- If you have problems viewing the webinar, check that your system is working for Adobe Connect by going to www.extension.iastate.edu/testconnect
- If you have questions for the presenter, type them in the rectangle at the bottom of the Chat (Everyone) box. A staff member will relay the question to the presenter at an appropriate time.
Email Denise Junod or call (515) 965-7055.
Hands-on Lighting Auditing & Retrofitting and Industrial, Warehouse, Cold Storage & Ag Processing Lighting seminars will be held September 11-12, respectively, in the Oak Room of the DMACC Conference Center in Ankeny, IA. For more information, click Lighting Seminars.