- Bioenergy (83)
- Education and Outreach (80)
- Energy Efficiency (281)
- Funding Opportunity (3)
- Renewable Energy (101)
[ February 28, 2013 ]Madrid, IA
Presentation: Corn Stover Harvest
Corn Stover Harvest Meeting
February 28, 2013
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host a meeting to address emerging opportunities related to stover harvesting for the biomass feedstock needs of local industries. The meeting will be held Feb. 28 at the Iowa Arboretum near Madrid, Iowa. This meeting is in collaboration with DuPont and will look at the use of corn stover in cellulosic ethanol production. The meeting starts at 12:45 p.m.
Stover harvesting can impact economic, agronomic and water quality production factors. The meeting will address many of the positives and negatives of stover harvesting and discuss how stover harvesting can be managed within corn production. Crop producers, land owners, crop consultants, agronomists, service providers and others with an interest in stover harvest and its removal from farm fields are encouraged to attend.
ISU Extension and Outreach Speakers are:
- John Sawyer and Antonio Mallarino – soil fertility specialists
- Mahdi Al-Kaisi – soil management specialist
- William Edwards – agricultural marketing specialist
- Kapil Arora – agricultural engineering specialist
- Mark Licht – field agronomist
- Kelvin Leibold – farm management specialist
Industry speakers include:
- Dr. David Ertl – technology commercialization manager, Iowa Corn Growers Association
- Dennis Penland – DuPont business development manager
- Andy Heggenstaller – agronomy research manager, DePont
DuPont will sponsor a free lunch prior to the start of the meeting. Industry representatives will be available to meet with participants during lunch and at the close of the meeting.
There is no fee to attend this meeting, but pre-registration is required . Registration forms are available at www.extension.iastate.edu/boone or call the Boone County Extension Office at (515) 432-3882.
Please register by February 25, 2013. Walk-in registrations on the day of the meeting will only be accepted if space is available.
LocationIowa Arboretum 1875 Peach Street Madrid, IA 50156
Note: This meeting will be held March 6 in Dubuque, IA. See March 6 post for details.