- Bioenergy (84)
- Education and Outreach (81)
- Energy Efficiency (286)
- Funding Opportunity (3)
- Renewable Energy (103)
[ January 9 — February 12, 2013 ]Various Iowa Cities
Conference: Building for Performance
Leader of the Pack – Building for Performance Conference
8 Dates & 8 Locations!
MidAmerican Energy Company supports the Building for Performance Conference offered in cooperation with Alliant Energy. This conference specifically addresses the current issues, home building techniques and topics that you are facing in the state of Iowa. The meeting will be an open, casual forum where discussion and questions are welcome. Our local experts want to focus on the issues you are facing in the industry.
This one-day educational conference will cover:
- HVAC installation
- Planning and design of your home building project or development
- State of Iowa Energy Code – IECC 2009, plus a preview of IECC 2012
- Building science – best practices on how to build an efficient and durable home
- ENERGY STAR V 3.0 – discussion of revision 6 changes
- Utility rebates – why are they available and how to get them
Attendees receive a free IECC 2009 code book, complete reference manual with images and details from the day, free breakfast, lunch, snack and networking opportunities.
Preregistration and payment are required. Space is limited to 60 participants per session and is scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration, continental breakfast and networking
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Presentations
Choose a location below:Johnston Burlington Wed., 1/9/13 Tues., 1/15/13 Stoney Creek Inn Pzazz 5291 Stoney Creek Ct 3001 Winegard Dr. Cedar Rapids Storm Lake Wed., 1/16/13 Tues., 1/29/13 The Hotel at Kirkwood Ctr King’s Pointe 7725 Kirkwood Blvd SW 1520 E Lakeshore Dr Ames Dubuque Wed., 1/30/13 Tues., 2/5/13 Gateway Hotel Grand River Ctr 2100 Green Hills Dr 500 Bell St Cedar Falls Altoona Wed., 2/6/13 Tues., 2/12/13 Clarion Inn Univ Plaza Prairie Meadows Hotel 5826 University Ave 1 Prairie Meadows Dr
How to Register
Note: Registration deadline is Dec. 31, 2012. Registration will not be considered final until full payment is received.
Payments can be mailed to:Alliant Energy
Attention: Building for Performance Conference
200 1st St. S.E.
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Alliant Energy only can accept a check or money order for payment. Credit cards cannot be accepted.
- $150 per person
- $75 per person discounted rate for Alliant Energy or MidAmerican Energy Company customers* and Dealer Network members
- $60 per person for students only**
* Your work office must receive electricity or natural gas from Alliant Energy or MidAmerican Energy Company.
**You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college, university or two-year program, or have graduated within the past six months.