- Bioenergy (83)
- Education and Outreach (80)
- Energy Efficiency (281)
- Funding Opportunity (3)
- Renewable Energy (101)
[ March 6, 2013 ]Dubuque, IA
Presentation: Corn Stover Harvest
Corn Stover Harvest Meeting
March 6, 2013
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host a meeting to address emerging opportunities related to stover harvesting for the biomass feedstock needs of local industries. The meeting will be held March 6 at the 4-H Building at the Dubuque County Fairgrounds, Dubuque, Iowa. The meeting is in collaboration with JELD-WEN Fiber of Iowa to discuss use of corn stover as a fiber material. The meeting starts at 12:45 p.m.
Stover harvesting can impact economic, agronomic and water quality production factors. The meeting will address many of the positives and negatives of stover harvesting and discuss how stover harvesting can be managed within corn production. Crop producers, land owners, crop consultants, agronomists, service providers and others with an interest in stover harvest and its removal from farm fields are encouraged to attend.
ISU Extension and Outreach Speakers are:
- John Sawyer and Antonio Mallarino – soil fertility specialists
- Mahdi Al-Kaisi – soil management specialist
- Chad Hart – agricultural marketing specialist
- Kapil Arora – agricultural engineering specialist
- Virgil Schmitt – field agronomist
- Kelvin Leibold – farm management specialist
- Matt Helmers – land and water resources specialist
Industry speakers include:
- Dr. David Ertl – technology commercialization manager, Iowa Corn Growers Association
- Gardner Lance – general manager, JELD-WEN Fiber of Iowa
JELD-WEN Fiber of Iowa will sponsor a free lunch prior to the start of the meeting. Industry representatives will be available to meet with participants during lunch and at the close of the meeting.
There is no fee to attend this meeting, but pre-registration is required . To register by phone, contact Dubuque County Extension & Outreach Office at (563) 583-6496 or email Jason Neises at email@example.com. You may also fill out the form found on the Dubuque County Extension website and mail it to:ISU Ext & Outreach – Dubuque Cty Att: Jason Neises 14858 West Ridge Lane, Suite 2 Dubuque, IA 52003
Please register by March 4, 2013. Walk-in registrations on the day of the meeting will only be accepted if space is available.
Location4-H Building Dubuque County Fairgrounds 14569 Old Highway Road Dubuque, IA 52003