The Inspiring Efficiency Awards recognize Midwest leaders who deliver groundbreaking advancements in energy efficiency in five categories: Leadership, Education, Impact, Marketing and Innovation. All are invited to apply. Applications and up to three supplemental documents are due Friday Sept. 20th.
Find application forms for each category here (click to download):
- Inspiring Efficiency EDUCATION Award will be presented to the organization that has developed and implemented a local campaign, program, strategy, or idea to increase knowledge and action on energy efficiency. Applicants should describe how their campaign, program, strategy, or idea—though local in scope—is an example for the region.
- Inspiring Efficiency IMPACT Award will be presented to the organization that has made a significant contribution to market transformation either through the implementation of a specific program or through a policy change. The applicant will need to clearly demonstrate the measurable & significant impact that the program or policy has had on reducing energy consumption, altering public behaviors/practices, and/or increasing the market penetration of energy-efficient products and technologies in the Midwest. This award covers the residential, commercial, institutional, agricultural and industrial sectors.
- Inspiring Efficiency INNOVATION Award will be presented to the nominee that has developed and implemented a new and innovative program, idea or policy in the Midwest. While the concept of the program, idea or policy may have been implemented elsewhere, the applicant will need to clearly detail why the program, idea or policy and its impact is unique to the region and new to the marketplace.
- Inspiring Efficiency LEADERSHIP Award is presented to the organization or individual who has served as a strong leader in support of energy efficiency in their city, state, region, company, or community. Candidates may include state and local political leaders, regulatory officials, legislators, state agency directors, corporations, or other policymakers who have been exceptional in their support of energy efficiency.
- Inspiring Efficiency MARKETING Award will be presented to the nominee that has engaged in or supported a marketing campaign, program, strategy, or idea to increase the adoption of energy efficient products and/or best practices in the Midwest region. National programs may be nominated as long as there is a clear Midwest benefit.
- Inspiring Efficiency CHAIRMAN’S Award will be presented to the organization or individual who has provided exemplary leadership and support to MEEA throughout the organization’s history. Candidates for this award must be MEEA members. Nominations are solicited from the full MEEA membership and will be selected by the Chair and President of MEEA.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.